Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Moving forward.

I'm baaaaaack!

I feel terrible for not writing on here in so long but the truth is, I just haven't had much to write about. When I started this blog, it was to share my recovery and vent a little about everything that was going on. Now that I'm done with surgeries and physical therapy, I just haven't really decided what to write. Hopefully, that will change. And soon.

I finally have a job again! Waitressing at a sports bar in New Braunfels. It feels so great to be working! I missed making my own money. And I forgot how much I actually liked to work. I was a little nervous at first because I'm not used to walking a lot. Wasn't quite sure how my legs would handle it. Surprisingly, my legs are doing fantastic! It's actually my feet that hurt more than anything. This is the most I've walked or stood in a really long time. I've tried a bunch of different shoes with no luck on the outcome of pain at the end of my shifts. I'm slowly building my tolerance back up, but I'm sure it will still take a while.

My living arrangements are about to change too! After living with my family for almost the past 2 years, I'm finally moving back out in August and getting a place with a friend. I'm beyond excited! Not that I don't love living with my family, I'm just glad to actually have my own little home again. And the best part about it, it's RIGHT on the river. Eek, I'm so pumped! I also want to blow up pictures my x-rays onto canvas' and hang them on my walls. I think that would be a neat thing to do with them and they're unique!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning with my orthopedic doctor. Just a check up to see how my legs are doing and great news, they're doing great! I was a little concerned because now I have a job and have been using them a lot more, but working has actually strengthened them up a bit! I was relieved to hear that. He said that I can pretty much do whatever I want. Minus running. I can't ever run again. Which I'm really okay with because I've never been a runner. The cadaver ligaments in my knees are holding together very nicely too! For those of you who don't know, a cadaver is a corpse. Meaning, I have a dead person's ligaments. I'm not sure of a better way to put that. Anywho, I'm beyond thankful for the donor. And I actually got the idea today to maybe see who the person was. It's not like major organs or anything but without that person donating, my knees wouldn't be working like they do now. If I decided to look them up, I'm not even really sure what I would do with the information. We shall see!

After my doctor's appointment, I stopped by my physical therapy place. It's always great to see everyone that works there! I really, really miss that place. From going there 3 times a week to not going at all, is just weird to me. It almost feels like I have a hole in my schedule. I can't believe that when I started going there, I was in a wheelchair. And in a wheelchair for 5 more months after that. They gave me the strength I needed to get my legs strong enough to walk again. And then they retaught me how to walk. I will never forget that. They are all truly amazing people and I'm so glad to have met them!

I think I've covered a lot of the stuff that's been going on the past few months. So glad that my life is finally getting back to some sort of normal. Still can't believe that it's almost been 2 years since my accident but I think I'm doing really well considering! I'm a very, very happy lady!

I'm going to try my best to keep up with my blog. Maybe I'll start putting reminders in my phone. Don't worry, I'll figure out a good solution and it won't take me as long to write new posts.

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful."

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment