Monday, November 28, 2011

4 days....

It seems like I've been starting all my past few blog posts off with some version of "I keep meaning to write on this...." or "I keep forgetting....". Either way, if you like my blog, my apologies for not writing more often.

Where, oh where shall I begin?

I'll start off by saying that my LAST surgery will be on December 2nd! Only 4 days away. I can't believe that this will finally be the end of my surgeries because of my car accident. Makes me a little nervous too. You'd think that this one being my 4th one, I'd be a pro at it by now. Sadly, I am not. I thought this one would be a piece of cake, but as it's getting closer and closer, I'm getting a little sick to my stomach. Just nerves. Luckily, that will pass. On this surgery, my surgeon will be fixing my ACL & PCL on my left knee. I was only hoping for just an ACL fix, but unfortunately, he'll be doing both. Which will be a little harder on me than the last surgery but definitely not the worst one I've had. So I'm very thankful for that.

December 6th is coming up so soon, 8 days to be exact. I can't believe it's almost been a year since my car accident. My life has changed in so many different ways. It's crazy to think how drastically things can change within just a short few minutes. I'd like to think that my car accident was somehow a blessing in disguise. I'm happier and stronger than I've ever been, and I'm very thankful for that.

Physical therapy has really been kicking my butt. Which I oddly enough, I love. My legs have never been stronger! One legged squats, I own you! I can't wait for this next surgery so that my physical therapy can only get more intense and I can finally be on the last part of my recovery. I'm really sad that I'm not going to be able to go back to therapy until 2 weeks after my surgery, but when I get back, I'll be very well rested and ready to get things done!

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment