Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I walk the line.

I think I'm really starting to get the hang of walking again! I haven't been using the walker for a couple days now and I'm just getting better and better. Though, I stayed at my mama's house and walking up and down the stairs a lot really hurt my ankles. It'll take some getting used to but I think I'm doing pretty damn good, if I do say so myself!

I went out on Saturday night to see some good friends that I haven't seen in a quite a while. I had my mom drop me off and the door guy at the venue laughed at me. I felt like I was 12 years old again and my mom was dropping me off at the movies or something. It was fun to be out without a wheelchair or walker.

Mother's Day was fun! I felt a little bad because I couldn't actually get my mama a present. I just kept telling her that I loved her over and over again. I'm not sure if she'll ever really know how much I truly appreciate everything she does for me. I've put her through a lot and I'm glad that she's never given up on me and has always done whatever she possibly could. Sure, sometimes she's my best friend and other times we can't even be in the same room together because our personalities clash too much, but I think that's just our dynamic. At the end of the day, I can truly say that I love my mama and wouldn't have it any other way. She's amazing!

I called my doctor today, well I guess yesterday now, to find out when I'd be able to drive again and when I'd be able to finally go back to work. Unfortunately, he wasn't in the office and I'll have to wait until the morning. I'm anxious to find out what he says but I don't have high expectations. I don't think I'll get the okay for both of those things until my next actual doctors appointment which isn't until the 24th.

I miss driving. It was my way of "escaping". I loved to drive around New Braunfels, or anywhere really, just to clear my head and take my mind off of things. I don't really have the freedom to just pick up and go like I used to. Hopefully that'll all change soon. Though, I'm not too sure how I'm going to handle driving when the time comes. I mean, I've driven around my dad's neighborhood but I haven't driven on an actual road or highway. I might be the most caustious driver ever now. Who knows.

I haven't worked in a little over 5 months. I didn't really mind not working at first, I worked way too much, but now I'm starting to wish I could. It always gave me something to do. Plus, not working for 5 months has made me completely broke. And I hate asking my parents for money because they've been helping me out so much with all of my medical bills. I hope I can start working soon! Then I'll be a little closer to being back to myself.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment