Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wicked twisted road.

Alright so this post is a little overdue but when I tried to write it before, Blogger was down. And then my computer stopped working so I haven't really had a chance to write.

Wednesday morning, I went to see my doctor. He released me to drive and work! Ahhhhh. I was so excited when he told me. Unfortunately, my good news came with some bad news. Instead of only having one more surgery, I'm going to need two. He originally only wanted to reconstruct my left ACL, which will continue as planned, but now he wants to reconstruct my right ACL as well. Apparently, all the walking that I've been doing has loosened up too much of my scar tissue and now my leg is too loose. I'm a little sad that I now have to get two more but there's not much I can do about it. In the mean time, I'm getting a new brace in about a week to help me walk better.

Anywho, after my visit with my doctor, I could not wait to drive! I was so excited. So I picked up my friend and I drove to New Braunfels to get my hair done. I'm blonde again, yes!! I will never dye my hair black, ever again. It's been such a long process to get it back blonde. Even though it's not exactly as blonde as it used to be, it's good enough for now. After my hair, I ran a few more errands and took my release papers to work so that I can finally be off of FMLA and start working again. I'm excited! I really miss making money. Even though I won't be making a ton, it's better than nothing.

Wednesday night, I went to County Line to hang out with some friends and watch some good live music. Whiskey Myers and Fast Betty played. If you've never heard of them, I suggest you check them out. They both have a great music and an even better live show! I got to hang out with a lot of really good friends, new and old, and I'm glad that I got to hang out with my other half too. I missed her and I'm glad that we can finally be back in action! Can't wait for all of our adventures that we have planned!

Thursday, I had a physical therapy appointment but I had to cancel it because the weather was horrible and my legs were aching really, really bad. Not to mention the fact that it had also made my ankle swell like crazy. Needless to say, I'm not a huge fan of weather change anymore. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Yesterday, Friday, I went to my rescheduled physical therapy appointment and kinda relaxed most of the day. Last night, I went to see Robert Earl Keen with my friend Lauren. It was a ton of fun! I had to sit down during most of it though because my legs just couldn't handle standing that long. I think I did a pretty good job walking around Floores though, considering it's not flat ground.

And finally we've come to today. Today was a TON of fun. My mama and I took my little brother to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. He's never been so it was a fun experience to watch him react to all of the animals. If you've never been, I highly suggest checking it out! It's always a ton of fun. The zebra's were my favorite thing to see.
I took this while we were there. Look at how adorable the baby zebra is! This is my favorite picture of the day. So I thought I'd share it with whomever may be reading this post!

I think that I've pretty much covered everything that's happened this week. Tomorrow, we're going to the Snake Farm so I'll be sure to post a blog with a ton of pictures from there soon!

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment