Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On my way to being myself, again.

Ah, so in my last blog post, I had to vent.

I'm over it now. It was just one of those days, if you know what I mean.

I went to the doctor on the 10th and got some ridiculously amazing news. He only wants to do surgery on my right knee, reconstructing my ACL in my right knee. I still don't have an ACL in my left knee but he said there's something in my knee that is making up for the lack of ACL in that knee. Which means, I'll only have one more surgery instead of two!!!! Though, it's not 100% certain at this moment. He's going to wait until he's doing my right knee to see how the left one is acting while I'm "sleeping". Hopefully, it'll be doing the exact same thing that it's doing right now. I'm more than thrilled! When he was telling me, I almost started tearing up. If my next surgery is the last one, I will be the happiest person! And my recovery time will be a lot less than I had anticipated.

My surgery is on the 26th, by the way. 9 days away! Y'all have no idea how excited I am. Words could not even begin to describe. I haven't written many blog entries lately, but the ones I have written have been kinda sloppy and random. I'm not focused enough to write something decent. I'm just too excited and have so many things running through my brain constantly. I'll calm down after surgery.

Once I start going back to physical therapy, it's all uphill from there. I'm going to work my ass off to make sure my legs are in tip top shape. This time, physical therapy will be a lot more aggressive than before. And I'll finally be able to get back to my normal self. Which, I'm very excited for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "everything happens for a reason". I'm the biggest believer in that. I love all of my friends and family that have been here for me through all of this, y'all will never understand how much you mean to me. All of you. I've also become closer to friends that I lost touch with, and I'm so very thankful for that. How I ever got by without some of you, I'll never, ever know. I don't plan on ever finding out again either.

"Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil."
- Baltasar Gracian

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment