Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just a little update.

So much has happened since my last post! I'll try and fill in as much as I can think of.

My surgery on the 26th went very, very well. I got a little sick afterwards but that was only because of the anesthesia. Anywho, from my understanding, my surgeon took out a piece of my hamstring to reconstruct my ACL. And unfortunately, during that surgery he decided that he was going to go ahead and do the surgery on my other knee too. Which will be the same surgery. I was hoping that I wasn't going to need it, but it turns out that I do.

Great thing about this surgery though, no wheelchair! I had to crutch my way out of the hospital. And three days after surgery, I was already putting weight on it! Now, I'm already walking on it. I'm excited! If my leg was a little stronger, I wouldn't need the crutches but I'm using them until I can actually hold myself back up.

I saw the doctor on Thursday; everything is going great and healing very nicely! My new, reconstructed ACL is holding up very well. I'm so happy that it's doing so well! As soon as all the swelling in my leg goes down, I can start wearing my ACL brace, the one wear I can actually bend and walk around, again instead of this straight leg brace! He said that I need to work on my leg extension, bending, and getting my quad muscle stronger. Which should be a piece of cake! I see the doctor again in 5 weeks to see how strong I am, and if it's strong enough, we'll schedule my next surgery!

Not really relevant news, but I got a new handicap pass too! Yay! This one expires in March of 2012. Now I won't have to walk/crutch across the parking lot anymore!

Yesterday, Friday, I started going to physical therapy again! I was so excited! I had a really good first session back! I really missed going there. Now I get to start going three times a week again! I can't wait to start getting stronger and stronger.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- Mohandas Gandhi

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment