Saturday, January 7, 2012

These legs were made for walkin'.

And that's just what they'll do....

Whew, now that that's out of my system.... For everyone that has been keeping up with my long road of surgeries and recovering, I want you all to know that my legs are doing fantastic! My left leg is recovering a lot faster than I had expected it to, which is always great news to me. I still can't believe that I'm finally done with all of my surgeries and am finally walking on my own again. No more wheelchair, walker, or crutches. I'm done with all of them, and let me tell you, there's no greater feeling than walking on my own again! I still have to wear both of my knee braces for a few more months, but that's perfectly fine with me!

Physical therapy has been going great! I'm finally back to my little routine of going. 3 times a week. Which I love going, even though sometimes I don't act like it. I know that every time I go, I'm getting more and more stronger. And how awesome is that? I'm truly one lucky lady to have such amazing people help me with everything. Anywho, I think both of my legs are finally straight! All the prone hangs and other exercises that I do to make them straight have finally paid off. They're both bending really good but I was never too worried about that.

In other news, I've been crafting a LOT lately. I have a million crafts that I want to do, my head feels like it might explode! It doesn't help that I'm slightly addicted to Pinterest. I have a list of things that I want to make, and I'll post pictures as I get them done. I can't wait to see how everything turns out! I love creating things.


Here's a few of my recent creations:

Mod Podge Glitter Shoes
Before:
After:
These were really fun to make and I think they turned out pretty good considering I had never tried anything like this before. They were the perfect shoes to wear for the holidays! I can't wait to make a bunch more. I want to make them in every color of glitter I can find!


Homemade Air Fresheners
I made these in lavender scent and made them a bit too strong. The tutorial that I read said to put in 30 drops of the essential oil, but when I turned the bottle over, a bunch of it poured out! I was really excited when I woke up and saw that they gelled perfectly. And now that it's been a few days since I made them, they're not as strong and are actually starting to smell really good!


Melting Crayons
Before:
After:
When I first saw this project, I thought, "Melting crayons! How simple!". Man oh man, was I wrong! It took forever for the crayons to melt. I didn't anticipate that at all. It was a lot messier than I thought too. I put a bunch of paper down under the canvas because I was concerned about it dripping on the floor. I never anticipated on the melted crayon shooting off to the sides. Lesson learned! It was really fun to make though and I love how it turned out.

I can't wait to craft some more and post pictures of my creations!

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment