Thursday, March 31, 2011

The best things in life aren't things.

Today was 10 times better than yesterday, and yesterday was pretty great!

I went to physical therapy again and stood for a whole minute! It was awesome! I've usually had help standing but today I did it all on my own. I didn't even use my hands to get up, which I've never done before. I think saying that I was excited would be an understatement. I'm pretty sure that my right leg is also straight now. It's still needs a little work but it has improved so much! My straight leg raises are finally almost perfect!

I hinted to my physical therapist, again, that Monday will be exactly 6 weeks from my last surgery. You know, just so she wouldn't forget. She said she's going to call my doctor on Monday and see what he says and that I need to bring my walker with me to my next appointment anyways just incase he told her it was okay for me to use it. Yay! I've been waiting for the day she tells me to bring it and it's finally come! My next appointment is Wednesday the 6th, which will also be exactly 4 months since my accident and not walking. I think it would be the perfect day to start putting weight on my left leg and beginning to use the walker. It'll take a while before I can only use the walker but I'm glad I'm finally going to get started on it.

I'm one step closer to walking. I'm so excited!!

In unrelated news, I went to the store today and got the rest of the things I needed to make my new headband. I'm excited to see how it will turn out! I'll post pictures whenever I finish it.

Xoxo.

1 comment: