Friday, March 25, 2011

Everything happens for a reason.

I'm new to the whole blog thing. I've been debating for a while whether or not I should make one and I'm finally caving in. I'm a rambler so most of my blogs will probably just be me rambling about different things. I've been keeping myself busy with a couple of different things and now this will be one of them.

To start everything off, I got in a car accident December 6, 2010.
R.I.P. Dora
Dora was the name of my Explorer.

I was driving, I either fell asleep or an animal ran out in front of me; everything is still hazey, and rolled my Explorer 3 times. I've never really been a fan of seatbelts but it truly saved me. I'm a very lucky lady.

I had a few minor injuries from my seatbelt; burned neck, burned both of my sides, and I had a bruised lung. Luckily, all of those healed within a few days after my accident. I also had quite a few major injuries to the lower half of my body. On my left knee I tore my meniscus, ACL, LCL, and PCL. On my right leg; I broke my right knee and tore my ACL, broke my ankle, and broke my fibula. I'm so thankful that none of my injuries are going to have long term effects. I've had 2 major surgeries and might possibly have another one, which I'm really hoping that I won't have to have. I have pictures of everything but I feel like it'd be too much to post on my first blog. From now on, I'll post things as they happen.

I haven't been able to walk since the accident. It's definitely been a long process through doctor's appointments, surgeries, and physical therapy. My doctor said I should be able to walk again by May, which I'm very excited for since my birthday is May 31st!

I've come a long way since everything has happened. My main focus has been straightening and bending both legs. Not using them has made me lose a lot of muscle so I've been working really hard to build all of it back up. I can't put weight on my left leg until after April 4th but I've slowly been standing longer and longer on my right leg. I really enjoy going to physical therapy, I get so excited every day that I go because I know that I'll somehow be making more and more progress with every session. Today I actually stood on my right leg without any help! It was an amazing feeling. Never take walking for granted. I also got in the front seat of my dad's truck for the first time too, by myself! I haven't rode in the front seat in over 3 months so it felt kind've weird, almost like I was a little kid that had never before ridden in the front seat.

I've been trying to keep a positive attitude throughout all of this. It'll do me no good to be bitter and upset. Afterall, everything happens for a reason. Things happen and you have to learn how to deal with them the best way that you can. I've been keeping busy by reading books, making kusudama flowers, and making headbands. I really love the headbands, they're fun and cute. I'm pretty sure all of my friend's will have one by the time that I'm all better. It's amazing all the awesome things that you can learn on the internet. I love tutorials and I thank everyone that posts them!

Since all of this, I have learned how many truely amazing people I have in my life. My family has been so great through all of this. I don't even know how to begin to thank them for all of the things that they have done so far and the things that they will do in the future. I love them very much! I'll tell ya, I also have some of the most amazing friends in the world. I wouldn't trade them for anything. They've been so supportive and I'm thankful to have all of them in my life. I'm not sure how I would have got through all of this without my family and friends.

I'm not sure I've covered everything that I wanted to but I'm getting really tired and my brain is starting to go in a million different directions. I think you can pretty much get the gist of everything. I'm going to try and write at least once or twice a week, depending on the events that happen. I might even get blog happy and do one every day. We shall see.

Xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything seems to be going well! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete