Thursday, April 14, 2011

I feel like gold.

I started off my day super nervous. I didn't know how my doctors appointment was going to go and it was starting to really get to me. I was hopeful that things would work out in my favor and guess what? They did!

My doctor cleared me to start using my walker. I could not stop smiling after he told me that. I felt like a little kid opening Christmas presents. I haven't been this happy in a long time! He also told me that I'm going to have to have another surgery, repairing my left ACL but not until the summer time. And it won't mess with me walking on my own before then, I just have to continue to wear the brace until I get the surgery. No big deal! I think I'm more than okay with that. I was hoping to get my x-rays today but I'm going to have to wait until Monday to get them. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get them!

Right when I got to physical therapy, I couldn't wait to tell my physical therapist my good news about using my walker! I started on the bike, to loosen up a bit and then I wheeled myself to my little table. Right when I got to the table, she brought the walker over and BAM, I started to walk. It was really crazy at first. I couldn't stop starring at my feet, I wanted to make sure I was stepping in the right place. I guess it'll be a while before I won't have to stare at the ground the whole time. I even did a little walking without the walker! I was holding my physical therapist's hand the whole time though, just incase. I thought that I was going to go to pt, walk a little and still have to be in my wheelchair until I really got the hang of it. To my surprise, I don't have to use my wheelchair at all anymore!!!!

Gah, I'm happy!

After all this awesome news that I got, I decided to go and share it with a few people. I went by my mama's first so that she could see me walk. She was so proud! Then I stopped by Hooter's to see some of my beautiful friends. It was awesome to see everyone again and they were all so excited to see me walking and happy again! I'm glad I got to visit with them. I miss that place! Parker, my little brother, was also excited because as he said, "now you can walk to the backyard and watch me ride my ATV"! He's too cute.

Sibling love!
Parker pretending to use my walker.

What a glorious day today was!

I'm the happiest girl!

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment