Monday, April 4, 2011

Make me over.

I know it's really late/early, however you'd like to think of it, but since I'm probably not going to sleep for a while, I thought I'd write a little.

Saturday, I finally got to go to Hobby Lobby and pick up some more supplies. I got a bunch of awesome new materials so I'm excited to start new little projects. I've decided that I will never again buy anything that I can just make myself. I've also been wanting to learn how to crochet for a while, so I bought a little teach yourself crochet kit. It's definitely not easy but I'm not going to give up on it. I am determined to make myself a purse, and a few other things.

Yesterday, was pretty uneventful. Since my wreck, my whole sleep pattern is off and I spent most of the day just sleeping. I did a little standing on my right leg though, just trying to build my tolerance back up. And I wanted to see if I could actually lock my knee. It's getting better and stronger every day. I can't wait until everything is back to normal.

Today is finally Monday! Yes, I know it's 2:40am, but it's still Monday. It has officially been 6 weeks since my last surgery. Which means I can finally start putting standing weight on my left leg!! I don't have physical therapy until Wednesday though, so I'll have to wait until then. I'm counting down the days. I can't believe I finally get to bring my walker to physical therapy! I smile every time I think about it. It's been a slow recovery but now it's starting to all come together.

I've changed. I'm a completely different person now. For the better. There's so many things I want to do and accomplish. This summer will be amazing. I'm going to live, really live. Experience life. The world is just a big playground and I plan on taking full advantage of it. Never again will I let work take over my life. It's not worth it.

I will always make the best out of every situation. I'm a strong and happy girl, and it's going to stay this way.

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

Xoxo.

1 comment: